J. Maurer, ‘A Perspective View of Vauxhall Gardens,' (1744), showing (from the left) the Orchestra, the ‘Turkish Tent', the Grand South Walk, the supper-boxes and the Handel Statue by Roubiliac of 1738, in its ‘Grand Nich'
The New Spring Gardens, Vauxhall, as it was originally known, was the archetypal pleasure garden of the Georgian era. Having first opened as a place of assignation during the Restoration, it was re-launched in 1732 as a site of r…
Coke, David Edward. "Vauxhall Gardens". The Literary Encyclopedia. First published 21 September 2007; last revised 09 November 2007.
[http://www.litencyc.com/php/stopics.php?rec=true&UID=1170, accessed 04 December 2016.]