Colin Wilson’s absorbing novella The Return of the Lloigor (1974), running to 60 pages, is an expansion and revision of a short story of the same title that originally appeared in Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos (1969), edited by the writer August Derleth (1909-71) and published by Arkham House, the press founded in 1939 by Derleth and his fellow-writer Donald Wandrei (1908-87) to preserve the fiction of the American horror and fantasy writer H(oward) P(hilips) Lovecraft (1890-1937). As Bernice Murphy points out in her Literary Encyclopedia entry on Lovecraft, the term “Cthulhu Mythos” was only coined after Lovecraft’s death, but the story that did most to create it was Lovecraft’s “…
Tredell, Nicolas. "The Return of the Lloigor". The Literary Encyclopedia. First published 17 June 2013; last revised 30 November -1.
[http://www.litencyc.com/php/sworks.php?rec=true&UID=23950, accessed 18 April 2015.]