Fragment of a Greek dictionary, which are found today in ms. Arundel 9 (late 13th century, College of Arms / Herald’s College in London), in fol. 55r, just after the main lexicographical work of the manuscript, the Lexicon Londiniense or Parcionarium Graecum (foll. 1-54v, on which see James 1910; Valente 2012: 54, and the special LE entry of Papanikolaou 2018. On the Lexicon Londiniense as an important source of fragments of the lost dictionary of ancient Greek grammarian Pausanias, see Heinimann 1992). Those fragments were initially intended as a supplement (or Appendix) to the Lexicon Londiniense; this supplement remained incomplete, since the addition of entries stopped after the first page for reasons unknown (see text of the Fragmentum Arundelianum in James 1910: 406-407).
Citation: Papanikolaou, Dimitrios. "Fragmentum Arundelianum". The Literary Encyclopedia. First published 11 August 2020 [https://www.litencyc.com/php/stopics.php?rec=true&UID=19594, accessed 09 December 2023.]