Becoming a Contributor
In order to become a contributor to the Encyclopedia and so we can register your proposed articles in our system, please create a personal user account, but stop short of paying. You will receive an e-mail giving you an account number. Please send this to our Admin Team, and we will convert your account to contributor status and record your proposed contribution(s) in our online administration system.
We will inform you when your account has been converted and you will then have full access to the publication. You will also receive regular electronic reports on the publication's development.
This is where you will be able to access and, where appropriate, edit/change all relevant information pertaining to your user account, from the management of your personal details to comprehensive guidelines for preparing your articles, information on your shareholder status (how many shares you have earned and their value; options on how to disburse any royalties) and the reach/ impact of your articles ('page views').
Once your account has been converted, please make a note of your chosen username and password (you can even have your browser remember these, so you don't have to enter the information every time you access our website) and log in. Once logged in, you can visit your MyLE Account on the top right-hand side of the page in order to:
- Manage your user details, such as editing/ changing username and password or institutional affiliation, and adding a brief bio which will be publicly accessible by anyone clicking on your name as displayed at the top of the article(s) you have authored.
- View and Download Guidelines for Writing Articles as well as Submission Forms and other relevant documents.
- View the Legal Terms of Agreement between The Literary Encyclopedia and our authors.
- View Literary Dictionary Company Circulars and Reports
- View and print your Shareholder Statement
- View Article access stats showing how many times your articles have been viewed by users of the Encyclopedia.
- View other actions available for our contributors, including how to add recommended readings, web resources, related articles, or how to prepare bookshelves. Advice and guidelines are available under the section Contributors' CMS (Content Management System) as you scroll down the page.
NOTE: The actions above are available only after you have logged into your account.
We use the MLA format, with parenthetical page number (or act/ scene) references in-text, and a list of works cited at the end of the article. For more information and guidelines on preparing your article(s), please consult the relevant headings under the ABOUT tab on our homepage, particularly the Information for Authors section. [A pdf version of this page is available for downloading in your MyLE Account, together with the relevant submission forms and further guidance.] Recommended reading lists should be sent to Admin.