Digital Publishing Training Programme
Aim: By providing training programmes with our publication, we aim to extend and deepen our engagement with the scholarly community and our subscribers. Graduate students on our internships have improved and certified their skills in scholarly digital publishing.
Intended constituency: PhD students (year 2 onwards) at subscribing institutions. A final certification will be provided by The Literary Encyclopedia at the end of the training programme.
Duration/ Working hours: 3 months or 60 hours (whichever is sooner); expected number of working hours per week: 5-6
Our Training Programme Includes:
- remote mentoring and supervision by The Literary Encyclopedia editorial team.
- insight into a range of technical editorial and modern publishing practices.
- development of investigative and research skills related to literary and other persons and their works, specifically how they fit into current scholarly interests and university curricula.
- the opportunity to produce accredited material for The Literary Encyclopedia in collaboration with a senior scholar and/ or a specialist editor.
Working within a given area of research interest, interns will:
- identify missing articles that need to be commissioned (on the basis of canonicity as well as contemporary interest and teaching frequency) or that need revising / updating insert missing references to published articles (where a list of works cited is missing)
- build Bookshelves
- add recommended critical readings and weblinks within our Recommended Readings application
- review lists of primary bibliography where these are missing; if working with contemporary writers, add more recently published titles where necessary
- create author timelines and/or produce co-authored articles with an established scholar (their own PhD supervisor for example) which will be published in the LE with support and advice from the LE editorial team
- identify potential improvements to our interface and our relationships with our readers and writers, including working on our social media presence
Starting time: November 2023
- Application form and CV to be submitted by 15 October 2023 at https://www.litencyc.com/el/dtp/contact-details
- Interview: shortlisted candidates - end of October