- the LE is Metalib, W3C and OpenURL compliant and fires direct search requests for articles to JSTOR and ProjectMuse (if the institution is subscribed to these)
- the LE is indexed and fully searchable in EBSCO Discovery Service
- Access: IP based (on campus), Athens, Shibboleth and ezproxy (remote access), as well as free Personal User Accounts for any members of subscribing institutions. For more information, see our page ‘Accessing the LE’
- WAYFless URLS
- comprehensive usage statistics that record the number of page-views (not only of direct searches); we also offer COUNTER-compliant user statistics
- Australian and New Zealand Subscription Rates
- Canadian Subscription Rates
- United Kingdom Subscription Rates
- United States Subscription Rates
- Other English-speaking Countries: Rates for other countries where English is the first language are calculated by conversion from UK or US rates.
- Countries where the main language of instruction is not English: Our usual rates for countries where English is not the first language of instruction are based on the number of students enrolled in the study of English language and literature and related disciplines (modern languages). As a guideline, we charge 1€ per student (but less than the equivalent rate in the UK or US for a similar total FTE). Please contact us to discuss.
- Underdeveloped Countries: We supply free access on request from librarians in schools and higher-education institutions in countries where the per capita income is below the world average. Check if your institution qualifies. Librarians are invited to use the contact form to request this supply.
- Secondary Schools where English is the main language of instruction: We provide IP-address access to secondary schools for an administration fee of £115 ($150) per school year. There is a supplement of £15 ($20) if payment is not made electronically or by sterling cheque payable on a British bank.
Trials, Licensing and Agency Sales
We are happy to provide trial access to allow institutions to use and evaluate our resource before they can make a decision to subscribe. Trials can last up to eight weeks (but we can offer more if necessary), and we can enable access within minutes. Please contact the Subscription Manager to arrange a trial, and provide the following information:
- Duration of trial requested
- IP-ranges used by your institution
We are happy to negociate special rates and discounts for agencies that bring in new subscribers. Out usual agency discount is 10%, but this can vary depending on the number of new institutions in the agency's subscription portfolio. To discuss further, please contact the Subscription Manager.
Please click here to download our institutional licence.
Alternatively, we can supply under the terms of the NISO SERU initiative.